Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crazy, Sexy, Beautiful

I was thinking of these three words while I was watching TV, no, not Desperate Housewives nor the hot vampires in True Blood, but those contestants on The Biggest Loser. I wondered how it is even earthly possible to coax their 400lbs bodies into doing jumping jacks or running up torturous inclines when I can't even do those in my way-less-much-much-way-less-than-400lbs body!?

So I thought, these people must be just plain crazy, sexy and beautiful because of their sheer will and determination to lose the pounds. And one day, at the end of the show most likely, they will not be crazy anymore. Just sexy and beautiful. Of course, it helps to have the toughest, hottest trainers around in the form of Jillian Michaels and Bob "am-I-gay-or-am-I-not?" Harper. Man, I'd lose that much weight just drooling at them!

Inspired by that precise thought, I decided to buy this DVD from the Apps Store. It's a series of exercise routines (in 3 Levels, depending on your current state of fitness, or lack of) by Jillian called the 30 Day Shred. The exercises are quite simple and take only 20-30 minutes of your time a day. She bases her workout on the 3-2-1 method: 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs. If you religiously follow them every day for 30 days, you're supposed to lose something ridiculous like 20lbs! That's like, 9+ kilos, man. Crazy, sexy, beautiful you definitely will be.


Well, I'm pleased to report that I've actually viewed all of Jillian's exercise routines. However, before you jump to ask me the crucial "how much lost" question, may I just insert the disclaimer here that I watched her video in the comfort of my own BED. All wrapped up in warm blankies and well-worn, holey pyjamas. So no pounds lost yet. 

But hey, tomorrow's a new day and there's hope in there somewhere. I mean, I'd really, REALLY like to have abs like Jillian. Who'd be crazy not to??

No comments:

Post a Comment