Thursday, June 24, 2010

Schooze Schmoose

I haven’t updated this blog for over a week now due to several reasons:

On the fitness front, I’ve done pretty much shmutz-all last week and I wasn’t really motivated to write about the adventures of a fat-arse couch potato, interesting as that may sound to be.

When I connected my Phillips activity monitor to get my assessment plan, I found out that I had to UP my activity level from 590+units to 798 units per day if I wanted to reach my 3 topmost goals which are to stay fit & have more energy, look younger (if that’s at all possible at this stage in time!) and be happy. Ok, freaked out and froze out, basically!

Although I love to be fit and can be quite motivated about it most days, to be honest, I just don’t like doing it alone. It’s not fun, more like torture, and sigh, it’s downright boring to write about, let alone expect others to read about it! Geeesshhh….

So anyway, what I’ve been doing though, to fulfill my Wellness Points – a system I created within myself and only I can fully understand – is to clear up my clutter. I’m talking about physical clutter here, which in actual fact and in all honesty, is a reflection of the state of my mind over the period when I’ve accumulated all the things. And my gosh, I have soooo many THINGS!!

I started with my ‘study’ that had magically turned into a hoarder’s fantasy room over the last 6 months or so. In fact, the room had started to smell funny and I found out later when I managed to locate the floor that there was a dead lizard buried underneath all the stuff…. Yuckkzaa!

I thought the place had looked good when I last tidied it up, but oh how it filled up fast. And with such junk, it took me 3 large, black plastic bin liners to haul all the rubbish out. At least I know I’m not a clinical hoarder because it was so easy to throw out everything. No tearful clinging to things I don’t need (like my former work stuff…haha) and no anxiety pangs throughout the whole process. Just a feeling or relief and cleansing at the end of it.

Once I’ve reorganised the room, this is what it looks like. Pretty, kan?

This is where I get to lounge around in my free time, which nowadays is close to ALL the time… yeah, curse me!

My son came in and commented on how many shoes I currently have. I say ‘currently’ because unbelievable though it seems, I do give away or throw away my shoes at least twice a year. Yes, you read correctly….. I said TWICE. Tons at a time. For the life of me, I’m not sure how there still are plenty more pairs left, so I know this is definitely something that I’ve got to work on. (More Wellness Pts = Less Material Stuff = More Inner Fulfillment). Well you get the gist.
This is one corner of my Shoe Stash.

This is another corner….

Under my table.

…and another batch…

Finally, my perennial favourites – flip-flops.

PS. There are also my hiking shoes (at least 3 pairs) and my 5-inch heelers which I’ve refrained from showing here for censorship reasons. These are harder to get rid of and to get a feasible explanation of why that is, I’d probably need to see a therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment