Thursday, June 24, 2010

Phillips DirectLife - Virtual activity programme

When I was in the States last month, I bought myself this tiny, white gadget called Phillips DirectLife. What it is is actually a programme, subscribed to and monitored online for 12 weeks and the ultimate goal is to have a fitter healthier lifestyle. How??

Well, you're supposed to wear this little gadget on your person (or body lah) for the duration of the programme, and it will monitor your current activity levels and recommend a customised programme based on your current health, age, weight, etc... leading to Voila! - a total wellnessness of your new self.

The programme comes with an online coach and motivator (I haven't met mine yet, but I'm hoping he/she is a combination of Bob and Jillian from The Biggest Loser). Also, nutrition recommendations and a whole community of DirectLife users who can share tips and be your "buddies" on the road to Wellness. Btw, I checked out users from our region here and could only find 3 from Singapore and none from Malaysia and Brunei.

That's not really my coach... she doesn't look gazumphfah enough for me!

We can access our personalised website and see our plan, target and activity levels, like this:


Well, I only activated my device today... so let's see if this programme really works, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment