Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday is a Good Day

Woke up this morning and went for a run at Tasek while waiting for Ah Moi to arrive. The traffic from her side of Brunei must've been quite heavy as I managed about 4km before she came (yes, I've been good and wore my pedometer this morning). Then we walked a few more rounds in there, the usual "catch-up" session for us busy mothers (ok, one busy mother!).

It usually starts out like this, a very active Monday then tapering down to some form of exercise sometime mid week and after that, just lazing around the house the rest of the week. Why, why, why can't I just break out of this cycle?!!? My Phillips Directlife coach said that I needed to work out really solidly, out-of-breath-nearing-cardiac-arrest-crazy for about 1 hour each day for the rest of my life if I wanted to attain and maintain my fitness level goal. In the last two weeks, the level has been somewhere between 80-90% of the target and to me, that is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Today I decided to step it up a notch and get started with Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred exercise program which I had downloaded onto my iPad oh.... a few weeks ago (hehe, baru kan start). I got straight onto Level 2 because that's where I thought I was at. Quickly, I found out how wrong I really was.

You wanna look like me, Flabbo? You'd better be prepared to go to Hell and back..

The whole circuit was only 20 minutes but OMG, it was 20 very intense minutes. For every second that we worked out (there were 2 other girls in the video, hence the we), crazy Jillian made us work the muscles in our bodies all at once! Our arms were lifting weights while our feet were doing front and back lunges, after that weights while crunching abs, then there were those ridiculously easy (killers actually) plank jacks and plank twists. If you've ever attended an exercise class before, you know these sets are plain torture! I think I sweated 2 big buckets before she showed mercy and stopped to cool down.

Behind Crazy JM: My exercise mates, Anita and Natasha. Small class, I liked it.


Hell, that woman can jump!
One more time, b**ch! You'll thank me later, just you see.


Needless to say, at the end of the session, I felt shredded. Like shredded wheat. But high on life as I'm typing this. Going off to read a book and chill out now...

No comments:

Post a Comment